error: can't find libgomp.spec

General OpenMP discussion

error: can't find libgomp.spec

Postby hildy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:00 am

I am setting up a new computer now. I have problem with openMP on this one. I've installed Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit with gcc 4.3.1 and when I try to compile any openMP code I get the error message: "libgomp.spec: No such file or directory". The file exist in the /usr/lib64 folder. I have declared this folder in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH aswell as put a symbolic link to the file in /usr/lib. So far no success. Any one has a clue?
hildy

Re: error: can't find libgomp.spec

Postby wirawan0 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:06 pm

This problem has to do with the gcc/gfortran/g++ driver not being able to find libgomp.spec; it has nothing to do with LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Can you execute these 3 commands and post us the output:

gcc -v

gcc -print-search-dirs

gcc -dumpspecs |grep -C3 libgo

It's also useful to do your compile command with -v, e.g.

gcc -v -fopenmp myprog.c -o myprog.exe

Let's see if anyone can help you with that. You may want to report that bug on Ubuntu website ( https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug ), or report this problem to gcc@gcc.gnu.org (general GCC mailing list). I don't have a 8.04 box here, so I can't be of much help until I see your gcc output above.

Wirawan
wirawan0

Re: error: can't find libgomp.spec

Postby hildy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:43 am

I found a thread on the internet solving this problem by copying the lobgomp.spec to /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib so I did that and it works.
Thanx for the help
hildy

Return to Using OpenMP