Using openMP in FORTRAN?

Use this forum to discuss the book: Using OpenMP - Portable Shared Memory Parallel Programming, by Barbara Chapman, Gabriele Jost and Ruud van der Pas Read the viewtopic.php?f=8&t=465 for book info and to download the examples. Post your feedback about the book and examples to this forum

Using openMP in FORTRAN?

Postby parkerchuks » Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Here is the general layout of what I'm doing: I am doing an optimization problem where I'm running parallel monte carlo calculations which should produce N (the number of nodes) double precision numbers. I then need to pass all those to the master thread and determine the lowest one and then restart the whole process with the data produced with that thread until exit conditions are met. Can someone help me out with the psuedo code with particular emphasis on the !$OMP commands I need to use for this. Thanks!
parkerchuks

Re: Using openMP in FORTRAN?

Postby imediaconverter » Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 pm

any one using openMP in Delphi?
imediaconverter

Re: Using openMP in FORTRAN?

Postby Oldboy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:49 am

imediaconverter wrote:any one using openMP in Delphi?

Yet I have not seen any OpenMP for Free Pascal and Delphi but you have one alternative. You can see a comparison here:
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u32q/ ... mandelbrot
OpenMP for fortran and C/C++ is more effective
Just mandelbrot is tricky as the output file must be stored in a better way (like some kind of image)
Take a look at John Burkardt's Home Page!
Oldboy

Return to Using OpenMP - The Book and Examples