This is the archive for May, 2008
The OpenMP 3.0 API Specifications forum is now open for discussing the specs document itself.
Here are slides from some of the tutorials presented at IWOMP 2008:
- Important concepts in parallelization (PDF) - Ruud van der Pas, Sun Microsystems, Menlo Park, CA, USA
- OpenMP under the hood (PDF) - Barbara Chapman, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
- OpenMP 3.0: What’s new? (PDF) - Alejandro Duran, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Barcelona, Spain
- OpenMP in the real world (PDF) - Christian Terboven and Dieter an Mey, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
- OpenMP and performance (PDF) - Ruud van der Pas, Sun Microsystems, Menlo Park, CA, USA
The OpenMP Architecture Revew Board has approved the 3.0 specifications.
The 3.0 draft specifications were out for public review from October thru January. The final 3.0 specs is now available. It corrects a number of typos, clarifies some issues raised during the review period, and contains completed appendicies and lists of examples and implementation-defined features.
»OpenMP 3.0 API Specifications (May 2008) (PDF)
Sessions discussing OpenMP at ISC 08 in Dresden in June:
- Harnessing the Potential of Multicore/Manycore Processors
- MPI has been the prevailing programming interface for parallel computing. With the widespread use of multi/many-core computers, OpenMP will gain in importance. Professor Lutz Gross, the Director of High Performance Computing in the Earth Systems Science Computational Center (ESSCC
- Parallel FEM Solvers on Multicore Xeon Clusters: Do We Need OpenMP?
- Prof. Dr. Lutz Gross Director HPC Earth Systems Science Computational Center The University of Queensland, Australia “To write parallel software