This is the archive for August, 2008
Christian Terboven at the University of Aachen continues his experiments with OpenMP 3.0 tasking:
We already played a lot with Tasking and are looking into how well it can be applied to *real* applications. In the “Introduction to Parallel Programming” lecture and also in the discussions following after some of my recent talks I noticed a strong interest in this new paradigm and I really hope that people will like it!
The following topics are currently being discussed over at the »OpenMP General Forum:
- Global scope & threadprivate leads to undefined symbol
- How can I install openMP packages on Ubuntu?
- Any good 3.0 examples?
- Does OpenMP implementation clean up the threads itself?
- Custom reduction operators in OpenMP
- Calculate CPU Utilization
- Only uses 2 processors?
- Totally lost when compiling
- flush an array element
- OpenMP vs. sieve
- Simple Parallel Program Issue
- Mixing OpenMP 2.5 and OpenMP 3
- Reduction for arrays
- A question about OMP3.0 spec
- Streams in C++
- openMP in Leopard
- Nested for loops
- Whats the problem with this code?
- open mp performance degradation
- Rounding off problem(maybe..)
- Please Help. MFC + OpenMP?
- Is OpenMP Event Driven
- OpenMP makes programs the same speed
- Dynamic momory allocation in a parallel region