OpenMP 4.0 Specifications
- OpenMP 4.0 Complete Specifications (July 2013) (PDF)
The Examples for OpenMP 4.0 is under development and will be released shortly as a separate document.
- OpenMP 4.0 Summary Card - C/C++ (October 2013 PDF)
- OpenMP 4.0 Summary Card - Fortran (October 2013 PDF)
- OpenMP 4.0.1 Examples (February 2014 PDF)
Active Technical Report Drafts and Proposals
- OMPT and OMPD: OpenMP Tools Application Programming Interfaces for Performance Analysis and Debugging - (PDF) To enable portable tools for performance analysis and debugging of OpenMP programs, we define an application programming interface (API) for tools that we propose for adoption as part of the OpenMP standard and supported by all OpenMP compliant implementations.
There are two parts to the proposed interface: OMPT - a first-party API for performance tools, and OMPD - a shared-library plugin for debuggers that enables a debugger to inspect and control execution of an OpenMP program. (May 2013)
Expired Technical Reports
These technical reports have expired and are retained for informational and archival purposes only.
- TR1 - Technical Report on Directives for Attached Accelerators (November 2012) - (PDF) This Technical Report specifies proposed directives for the execution of loops and regions of code on attached accelerators. This document has been superseded by the ratification of OpenMP 4.0.
Previous Official OpenMP Specifications
- Version 3.1 Complete Specifications - (July 2011). (PDF)
- Version 3.1 Summary Card C/C++ (September 2011) (PDF)
- Version 3.1 Summary Card Fortran (September 2011) (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Complete Specifications - (May, 2008). (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Summary Card C/C++ (November, 2008) (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Summary Card Fortran (revised March, 2009) (PDF)
- Version 3.0, Japanese ( updated January 13, 2009) (PDF) Translation by engineers from Fujitsu, and reviewed by Dr Satoh of the University of Tsukuba, and volunteers at NEC.
- Version 2.5 - (May 2005, combined C/C++ and Fortran)
- C/C++ version 2.0 - (March 2002)
- C/C++ version 2.0 with change bars reflecting changes from 1.0 - (March 2002)
- FORTRAN version 2.0 - (November 2000)
- FORTRAN version 2.0 with change bars reflecting changes from 1.1 (November 2000)
- C/C++ version 1.0 - (October 1998)
- FORTRAN version 1.1 - (November 1999 - incorporates April 1999 Interpretations and Errata)
- FORTRAN version 1.0 - (October 1997)
- For FORTRAN version 1.0 - (April 1999)
- In FORTRAN version 2.0 - (November 2000)
- In C/C++ version 1.0 - (October 1998)
- In FORTRAN version 1.0 - (October 1997)
Copyright Information for OpenMP Specifications
Copyright © 1997-2014 OpenMP Architecture Review Board. Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted, provided the OpenMP Architecture Review Board copyright notice and the title of this document appear. Notice is given that copying is by permission of OpenMP Architecture Review Board.