»OpenMP.org Forums is where the community of OpenMP users in academia and industry can discuss, ask questions, and exchange information about OpenMP and OpenMP programming with experts. No question is too naïve or too trivial to be asked. You will need to register to be able to post topics to the forums, and it is free and open to everyone.
»cOMPunity.org is the community of OpenMP researchers and developers in academia and industry. It is a forum for the dissemination and exchange of information about OpenMP. cOMPunity is also a forum for discussing our experiences with this programming API and for debating ideas that might improve it.
- HPC Today: Explicit Vector Programming with OpenMP 4.0 SIMD Extensions (11/2014)
- PPCES 2014 (RWTH Aachen University) on YouTube.
- Tim Mattson’s (Intel) “Introduction to OpenMP” (2013) on YouTube.
- Hands-On Introduction to OpenMP, Mattson and Meadows, from SC08 (Austin) (PDF)
- Code Exercises (zip)
- Getting Started With OpenMP, by Richard Gerber, Intel Corp.
- Introduction to OpenMP tutorial from Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
- An Introduction to OpenMP, by Ruud van der Pas, IWOMP 2005.
- Writing and Tuning OpenMP Programs on Distributed Shared Memory Machines by Gabriel Mateescu, National Research Council Canada, 2002.
- Tutorial on OdinMP C/C++ OpenMP compiler, support for instrumentation, and the run-time system for OpenMP developed in the Intone project, PACT 2003.
- An OpenMP tutorial in French from the French Supercomputing Center for Scientific Research.
- Parallel Program in Fortran 95 Using OpenMP, by Miguel Hermanns, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain, 2002 (PDF)
- Portuguese tutorial about OpenMP from Paulo Penteado, Post doctoral researcher at Departamento de Astronomia, Instituto de Astronomia, Geofísica e Ciências Atmosféricas, Universidade de São Paulo (IAG/USP).
From Supercomputing 2013 in Denver (SC13)
- SC13 Presentations (Video and PDF)
- Tutorial: Hybrid MPI and OpenMP Programming - MPI + OpenMP and other models on clusters of SMP nodes (PDF slides plus audio MP3)
From Supercomputing 2012 Salt Lake City (SC12)
- Progress on the OpenMP Specifications - Bronis de Supinski (November 13, 2012)
- The OpenMP Accelerator Model - James Beyer and Eric Stotzer (November 2012)
- OpenMP on a High Performance DSP - Eric Stotzer (November 2012)
- Fifteen Years of OpenMP - What Next? - Eric Stotzer (November 2012)
From Supercomputing 2011 Seattle (SC11)
- OpenMP CEO’s Report (November 2011)
- OpenMP Lang Committee Report (November 2011)
- OpenMP in the Petascale Era - Eduard Ayguade (Barcelona)
From IWOMP 2010:
The IWOMP 2010 papers presented at the workshop are now available as a book published by Springer Verlag: Beyond Loop Level Parallelism in OpenMP: Accelerators, Tasking and More
The OpenMP Tutorial is also available in PDF:
- Welcome (pdf)
- Basic Concepts in Parallelization (pdf)
- An Overview of OpenMP (pdf)
- Getting OpenMP Up To Speed (pdf)
From IWOMP 2009:
- A list of papers is here.
From IWOMP 2008: (These papers seem to have disappeared from the source website … we’ll try to relocate them.)
- Important concepts in parallelization (PDF) - Ruud van der Pas, Sun Microsystems, Menlo Park, CA, USA
- OpenMP under the hood (PDF) - Barbara Chapman, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
- OpenMP 3.0: What’s new? (PDF) - Alejandro Duran, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Barcelona, Spain
- OpenMP in the real world (PDF) - Christian Terboven and Dieter an Mey, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
- OpenMP and performance (PDF) - Ruud van der Pas, Sun Microsystems, Menlo Park, CA, USA
From SuperComputing 2007:
From SuperComputing 2005:
- OpenMP in Action (PDF) - Tim Mattson (Intel) and Barbara Chapman (University of Houston, TX, USA)
- OpenMP Microbenchmarks from Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre (EPCC)
- SPEC OpenMP Benchmark Suite with published online results
- SPEC HPC Benchmark Suite with several OpenMP codes and published online results
- The International Journal of Parallel Programming June 2008 edition is devoted entirely to OpenMP.
- Using OpenMP, by Chapman, Jost, and Van Der Pas
- Examples from the book »zip file.
- Parallel Programming in OpenMP, by Rohit Chandra et al.
- Parallel Programming in C with MPI and OpenMP, by Michael J. Quinn.
- Patterns for Parallel Programming, by Timothy G. Mattson, Beverly A. Sanders, and Berna L. Massingill.
- The INTONE project: C and Fortran compilers and analysis tools
- OdinMP: A Free, Portable OpenMP Implementation for C
- OpenUH: Open source UH compiler suite for OpenMP (Univ of Houston)
- OpenMP Validation Suite (HPC Center, Stuttgart)
- KOJAK: Kit for Objective Judgement and Knowledge-based Detection of Performance Bottlenecks (Jülich Supercomputing Center)
- OMPi OpenMP C compiler - OMPi is a lightweight, open source OpenMP compiler and runtime system for C, conforming to version 3.0 of the specification.
- The Wikipedia article on OpenMP provides a good, brief, overview.
- Articles on the Intel Software Network website tagged with OpenMP.
- Articles on the Sun Developer Network about OpenMP and Parallel/Multicore Programming.
- Designing and Building Parallel Programs 2: OpenMP Shared Memory Programming Language at the Northeast Parallel Architectures Center
- OpenMP: A Proposed Standard API for Shared Memory Programming (October 1997)
- The Supercomputing 1999 tutorial (zip file).